Curriculum Vitae Matthias Grob
- Born March 23. 1959 in Wallisellen ( near Zurich)
- Primary School, 1965-1971
- High School: Kantonschule Zuerich/Oerlikon, 1971-1977
- University: Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule
Zürich (ETH), 1978-1984. Diploma in Electric Engineering,
February, 14, 1984.
- Reiki initiation I and II from Evelyne Helbling (linage: Mikao Usui - Chujiro Hayashi - Hawayo Takata - Phyllis Furumoto - Evelyne Helbling), 1989
- Course "A Música da Imagem" about creation of Sound
tracks with David Tygel, May 1997.
- C++ programming (with Johannes Grob and Bernhard Wagner) 2003
- VST plugin programming
II. Professional Experience
- Free-lancer work with H. Hogg, Alpha 77. Manufacturing and
designing of electronics for music, Zurich, 1973-76
- Building of carbon filters for drinking water analysis
- Progressive Rock Band LIZARD, 35 shows in Switzerland, double
live LP, 1979-81
- Construction, rental and operation of LIZARDs PA system until
- Development of a discrete DSP for the veterinary hospital of
- PARADIS Guitarworks:
Development, customizing and repair of guitars, pickups and
electronics. Winterthur, 1984-1986, 1989
- Since 1988-98 occasional live stage services.
- Presentation of PARADIS products and concepts as
- 1986-88 in Rio de Janeiro as musician. Multimedia concerts and
recordings with Vania Dantas Leite, Manuel Castelin, Marcio
Miranda, Claudio Nucci.
- 6 expositions with PARADIS Guitarworks at Frankfurt
Musikmesse, 1985 - 1990
- Recording David Hoppkins "Hear the Grass", a CD with 16 tracks
of only bamboo instruments. Zurich, 1989-92
- Development of POLYSUBBASS,
- 12 multimedia shows the trio "Dance, Son, Lumière",
- Development of the LOOP
delay, Biel, 1992.
- Creation and manufacturing of the piezo pickups for the Ibanez AFR bass, 1990-94
- Living in Salvador, Brazil since 1993.
- 100 concerts (solo, duo and with audiovisual) in Bahia,
Brazil, since 1994
- Technician of AGBEOKUTA afro jazz band in 1995 (awarded as one
of the 5 best shows in Bahia by Jornal "A Tarde")
- Technician of LAZZO reggae band 1995-98
- Studio Recordings of several CDs, demos, and sound tracks,
since 1996 also on a PowerMac at Bambu office
- JantArte, repeated event to feed body (chines
vegetarian food), mind (invited speech) and spirit (Música
AguArianA), Centro Cultural Brazil-China, 1997-2001
- Live looping music for "Meditação pela PAZ",
Brahma Kumaris, 1999 - 2001.
- Soundtrack for the choreography "Dança
pela PAZ" by Nelma Seixas, Salvador 2000
- Live looping music for Contact Improvisation Jam (monthly dance meeting), Salvador, 2001 - 2010
- Música na Sereia, monthly ritual of free improvisation for musicians and non musicians, Salvador, 2003 - 2008
- Criation of 6 VST audio plug-ins, being that 3 are the first in the worlds for polyphonic guitar, Salvador 2002 - 2008
- Initiation and coordenation for the first FireWire guitar of the world, http://www.firewireguitar.com,
- Creation of the replacement of the Echoplex: Evoloop 2010
III. Business activities
- Cofounder of PARADIS guitarworks, Winterthur, 1984
- Founder of Musical Engineering, Biel, 90-93. Development of
the LOOP delay. 1991
- Licence of the LOOP delay design for GIBSON Guitar Company, USA, renamed to ECHOPLEX digital
- Partner and consultant of PPA Audio Ltda, Salvador,
importation of professional sound equipment.
- Founder of BAMBU
Produções Artísticas, with Bira Reis,
- 1995: Musical Engineering turns into AURISIS
(EUA) with Kim Flint
(California) e Eric Obermühlner (Switzerland) for the licencing of the LOOP®
- 2008 AURISIS LLC is closed, the knowhow goes back to Matthias. 2010 Kim Flint dies in a bicycle accident.
- Software company MATHONS with partner Andy Butler, 2005
- German, mother language.
- Portuguese fluent, good writing.
- English, fluent speaking, good writing.
- French, reasonably communicating.
- Spanish, reasonably understanding.
- Audio Engineering Society, Inc., Member ID: 34172
- Ordem dos Musicos, ID: 0458331
As guitar player:
- Double LP "LIZARD in Concert", Zurich, 1981, reissued as
doubble CD by "Black
- "Das vibrações dos cristais" Solo cassette by
TEKBOX, Rio de Janeiro, 1988
- "Electric Mantras",
cassette with Marcio Miranda, 1989
- "Música AguArianA
para viajar" and "Música AguArianA para pensar-se",
- 10 CD-R with the best solo and duo works of 1987-99
- CD "Ouvir Mais - Pedir Menos" at CD Baby 2003
- release of most of the works at Bandcamp 2012
As sound engineer:
- Recording of Claudio Nucci's "Luz e Breu", Rio, 1988
- CD "Hear the Grass" by David Hoppkins. 16 tracks of only
bamboo instruments. Zurich, 1990
- CD "O Filósofo e o Jegue" by Wilson Aragão
- Mixing of the CD "Ilú Bata", 1997
- Recording of the CD "Interarte", 1998
- Sound engineering for Pola Ribeiros video "Gregorio de Matos",
As electric engineer:
- Software e Hardware for filtering and compression of digital
pictures, Zurich, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule, 1983,
- PARADIS products Polyphonic
Piezo Pickup (1984) POLYDISTORTION (1985), POLYSUBBASS (1989),
LOOP delay (1992)
- Speech "The 21th century lutier" for the swiss section of AES,
- United States Patent Nr. 5,218,160 "String instrument sound
enhancing method" 1993.
- Cofounding and many texts for the site LOOPERS
- Register of the Trade Mark "LOOP" in USA, 1996: 74/428114
- founding site http://livelooping.org, 2002
- publishing of the LiveLooping theory on the livelooping.org site 2012